Keyword research is a way of analysing and understanding the terms that the average number of the population enter into the search engines to use this data for some specific purpose, mainly for search engine optimization (SEO) or for the General/Digital Marketing.
Keyword research can reveal queries to focus on, the global ranking of these queries, their popularity, and many more. We are experiencing how much SEO has evolved over in the past decade and how important keyword has become to our ability to rank on top for the searches average person does every day.
Step to Research Keywords for Your SEO Strategy:
Step 1: write down the list of important and relevant points about your subject, topic, or business:
If you are a blogger, the following are the topics you blog about on regular basis or these are the topics that come up in most sales conversations.
- Inbound marketing.
- Email marketing.
- Lead generation.
- Social media marketing.
- Marketing analytics.
- Marketing automation.
Step 2: Fill in the above topics with specific keywords:
Now that you have a few topics with the specific keyword you need to focus on, now it is time to identify some keywords that fall into those topics. These are keyword phrases you think are important to rank for in the SERPs (search engine results pages) because your target client might search for those specific terms.
- Marketing automation tools.
- How to use marketing automation software?
- What is marketing automation?
- How to tell if I need the marketing automation software?
- Lead nurturing.
- Email marketing automation.
- Top automation tools.
As more and more keywords are getting encrypted by Google on daily basis, there is a smarter way to come up with the keyword idea is by figuring out which are the keyword your website is already getting searches for. For this, you will need website analytics software like Google Analytics or HubSpot’s Sources report, available in the Traffic Analytics tool. Dig deeper into your website’s traffic sources and sift through your organic search traffic bucket to find the keywords your client is using to reach your website.
Step 3: Analyse how Intent affects keyword research?
Like I said in the last section, user intent is one of the most important points in your ability to rank Top on any search engines like Google. Now it is more important that your websites should provide a proper solution to the problem of the searcher. So, how does this affect the keyword research you do?
- It is easy to use a keyword for popularity and a keyword can have
- Different meaning apart from the actual one so it is important to understand
- The intent behind a search, you need to be extra careful how you interpret
- The keywords you target.
- Step 4: Research related search terms.
- This is a creative step. Most of you must have planned it before.
- Thinking of the topic or while doing the keyword listing.
- If not, it is a great way to fill out those lists.
Steps to find and choose keywords for your website:
Here is a list of some strategies you need to follow for choosing the right keywords and ways to find the keywords.
Google ranks content for pe applicability of keywords. And the concept of the search engine was also, started from here only. Your content of a website will be visible only once it meets the search concept or needs. And your content should have all the keywords, it may be related to question, solutions, research, concept, and demands.
Google will follow your command based on the content mentioned on your websites. All your content should have the most authoritative sources. This can be done by enriching your site by providing helpful, information content, updated content, most searched or most demanded, and embedding that content to earn social signals and backlinks.
You can get your site on the first page for a specific keyword, but in case there are no search results occur for specific keywords which are related to your websites. Then there will be no result in traffic to your site. To fix such a problem, you can follow some steps:
- Check all types of keywords in each bucket: All kinds of keywords include head terms and long-tail keywords. One of the major differences between head terms and long terms is that head terms are keywords phrases that are generally shorter as compare to long-tail keywords.
- Observe your competitor’s keywords patterns: Observing or following your competitors not only means that you have to blindly follow them. It means that there is a need for understanding what kinds of keywords your competitors are trying to rank. This will be very much helpful for you.
How to find the best keywords for the website:
First of all, you need to understand the concept of the best keywords, there are no “best” keywords. Any keywords become the best keywords when this is highly searched by your audience. And everything is up to you to make a strategy that will give better ranking to your pages and brings the traffic to your site.
The best keywords for your website strategy will consider the relevance, authority, requirement, surety & volume. You want to find keywords that are highly searched keywords. Base on some factors you can have an idea about the best-searched keywords, such as the level of competition and much more.